Friday 21 June 2013

THE PIGS OF OKEFONOKEE: A MODERN PARABLE


Yesterday I put up a post on how to create slaves in 12 easy steps. By happenstance I stumbled across the parable below that takes those 12 steps and makes them even easier to understand. This listenable tale is truly a parable that should not be missed. 

 PART ONE
  

PART TWO 



Here is the story of these Wild Pigs although it is not verbatim to the above recital which is, by far, much more entertaining.

Years ago, about 1900, an old trapper from Dakota took his Studebaker wagon, packed a few possessions ~ especially his traps ~ and drove south. Weeks later he stopped in a small town just north of the Okefenokee Swamp in Georgia. It was morning when he walked into the general store.

Sitting around the pot-bellied stove were seven or eight of the town’s locals. The trapper asked, "Gentlemen, could you direct me to the Okefenokee Swamp?" Some of the old-timers looked at him like he was crazy.

‘You must be a stranger in these parts," one said. "In the Okefenokee Swamp are thousands of wild hogs. Any man who goes into the swamp by himself asks to die!" He lifted up his leg. "I lost half my leg, to the pigs of the swamp. Those pigs have been free since the Revolution, eating snakes and roots and fending for themselves for over a hundred years. They’re wild and they’re dangerous. You can’t trap them." All the old-timers nodded in agreement.

The old trapper said, "Thanks for the warning - but where’s the swamp?" "Due south," they said, begging him not to go. With ten sacks of corn and meat and supplies the old trapper bid them farewell and drove off. A month later the man came back, pulled up to the General Store, walked in, bought more corn and supplies, then left again for the swamp.

Weeks later he returned and again bought more corn. This went on for months. The old trapper would come into town, load up with supplies and corn then drive off south into the swamp. The stranger soon became a legend and the subject of much speculation. People wondered what kind of devil had possessed this man.

Suddenly one day, months later, the man drove into town as usual and went into the store where the usual group were gathered. He took off his gloves and said, "I need to hire about ten or fifteen trucks. I need twenty or thirty men as I have six thousand hogs in the swamp, penned and hungry, ready for market. They haven’t eaten for two or three days, and I must get back and feed them.

One old-timer said, "How did you do it? What did you do? The trapper replied saying, "Well, the first week I went in there they were wild all right. They hid in the undergrowth and wouldn’t come out. I dared not get off the wagon. So I spread corn around the wagon. Every day I’d spread a sack of corn. The old pigs would have nothing to do with it. But the younger pigs decided that it was easier to eat corn than it was to dig out roots and catch snakes. So the very young began to eat the corn first. I did this every day."

"Pretty soon, even the old pigs decided it was easier to eat free corn. Next, I had to get them eating in the same place all the time. I selected a clearing, and put the corn there. At first they refused. But the young again decided it was easier to take the corn in the clearing than to forage. Soon, the older pigs joined them also."

"The pigs learned to come to the clearing every day to get free corn. They could still forage for roots and snakes as they were all free with no bounds upon them. The next step was to get them used to fence posts. So I put some fence posts in around the clearing after they had eaten, when there was no danger to me. I put them in the underbrush so that they wouldn’t get suspicious until they were all in place. Shortly they became very used to walking into the clearing, getting the free corn, and walking back out through the fence posts."

"The next step was to put up some rails. I left a few openings, so that the older, fatter pigs could easily walk through the openings Then I began to feed them every other day. On the days I didn’t feed them the pigs still gathered in the clearing. They squealed and grunted, looking for feed, and then I added most of the rails on the posts.

The pigs became desperate for food because they were no longer used to digging and finding their own food. They needed me. So I trained them until one day I waited till they were all inside the nearly complete fence, then I jumped down and put the final rail in place. I had been no threat to their freedom until then, because they could go in and out the incomplete fence. Yesterday I closed the fence with the price of free corn."

This true story mirrors money being used to bait, trap and enslave once free and independent people. Welfare, in its myriad forms, has reduced individuals to a state of dependency, and State and local governments are being fast-tracked for elimination, their functions being subverted by the command and control structures of federal "revenue sharing" programs. 


Devolution and Centralization are the target. The end result for "human hogs" is total dependence on a totalitarian government system. When the last rail on the fence post locks us in, we will be subject to an Antichrist system where "No man may buy or sell unless he has the Mark. (Read Revelation 13:16-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.