Friday 24 June 2011

A DIZZYING DOWNHILL BICYCLE RACE ~ BRAZIL

People are crazy. Good crazy is not so bad at all. See this little downhill drop in this photo? Watch the following video and you will see that this is just the teeniest little part of an amazing ride that will leave even you, an observer, breathless.

The world needs more of this type of craziness. A lot more.


Just a teeny uncomplicated part of the race.
Have fun with this.



I have heard there is much insanity at the Valparaiso Cerro Abajo is an Urban Downhill Bike Race through the streets of Valparaiso in Chile. The Valparaiso Cerro Abajo Race is a legendary urban bike race and is beyond extreme. The cyclist is either airborne or hurtling down a steep, very steep hill.

He or she must brave unexpected awesome challenging airborne jumps, stray dogs, and labyrinthine flights of stairs along the steep path.The first person perspective provided by an excellent helmet cam lets us take in every glorious and frightening detail. This is a dizzying. distracting, a delightful reminder of extreme bike touring long ago. Like in the late '70's. 


I remember a mountain in California. It was my second day out from south of San Francisco and I climbed/rode to the top, then it was a very very very long ride down through a redwood forest on a twisty turning road.  I had to make a stop to replace my brake pads or I could have lost control easily. By the time I found my way to Santa Cruz more or less at the bottom, I could hardly breathe from the stimulation.


Anyhow, enjoy the film. Remember to breathe when you come to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.