Wednesday 3 February 2010

JUST A NOTE AND A JOKE OF SORTS

Nature sends us all her love. Amazing photograph.


This is a silly short post of an email I got today. I thought it a great teaching moment for those who have not yet figured out the value of money these days.


What does this little piece of paper really represent?

It's a slow day in some little town.

The sun is hot....the streets are deserted.


Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.


On this particular day a rich tourist from back west is driving thru town.

He stops at the motel and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.

As soon as the man walks upstairs, the owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.


The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.


The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill at the feed store.


The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her services on credit.

She, in a flash, rushes to the motel and pays off her room bill with the motel owner.

The motel proprietor now places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.


At that moment the the traveler comes down the stairs, picks up the $100 bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money & leaves.

NOW, no one produced anything...and no one earned anything...however the whole town is out of debt and is looking to the future with much optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen is precisely how the U.S. and Canadian Governments are conducting business today!

Remember it is only paper that represents value. Do you ever really see the cash you are paid for your labour? Hold it in your hands? Or is it just numbers on pieces of paper or whizzing across a computer screen?


A miniature pine tree in a bed of moss, on a Mother tree. In a few years, this will be a tree, growing from a tree, one of nature's marvels.


To my readers. Have I told you lately how happy you make me? Just knowing people appreciate my work makes me smile inside and out and I thank you all for your tacit encouragement.

I apologize that I have been a little "off" and slow on posting this past week or so. I have an extremely elderly mother who is relying on me more and more every day to get by. As her body deteriorates, the more she needs my help for everything. I will be doing my best to keep up with things to the best of my ability. Family first, of course, but my working in here is important also.



2 comments:

  1. RE:
    WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2010

    JUST A NOTE AND A JOKE OF SORTS

    Dear Noor,

    It is humorous and at the same time, a perfect representation of the Federal Reserve System. We trust that a paper promissory note is the same as real goods. It isn't, not to mention the criminal usurious interest upon interest upon unlawful tax involved. Promises, promises... ask the courtesan in the story about promises and what they are worth. Now is it clear what they are doing to us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.